Reporting to the Head of Post Production and Executive Producers, the Offline Editor will work in a fast paced environment with fast turnarounds and daily deadlines. The Offline Editor will be responsible for creating, designing, and crafting exceptional narrative with the guidance from Producers. This role will work closely with a number of departments within ITVSA to enhance and enrich our content.
To be successful in this role you must have exceptional attention to detail, communication skills and demonstrated experience and passion for video editing. The successful applicant must also have a minimum of 2 year’s experience as an offline editor and have multiple credits cutting broadcast television. Please note that this role may require unusual hours and some interstate/overseas travel where you will be away for several weeks at a time.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Editing with Avid Media Composer;
- Working with multiple cameras and audio sources on the Avid timeline;
- Creating a final cut of an episode based on Post Producer’s cut down;
- Creating graphics and effects using Media Composer and/or related programs;
- Making changes based on direction from the Executive Producer, Supervising Post Producer and Post Producers;
- Inserting all music – ensure tracks are labelled correctly for easy reporting;
- Ensuring all commercial music has been cleared both legally and financially (liaise with Post Producers);
- Edit episodes to schedule and inform Production Manager of any hold ups/delays;
- Sit in on ITV Studios and network screenings and make changes as required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage changing priorities.
- In depth knowledge of Avid Media Composer 2021.
- Adobe Photoshop and After Effects.
- Ability to work autonomously but also able to edit in a team environment on larger projects.
- A proven portfolio of editing work.